First portfolio site, round two

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by tbeeghly, Feb 22, 2009.

1. tbeeghly macrumors newbie

Alright, so I did a total recoding of the CSS, so it's IE compatible now. I added shadowbox to handle the images and swfs, and JQuery to handle the sliding animation. Let me know what you guys think. Also, I'm currently looking for a co op for the Spring quarter - March 30th through June 20th if anyone is interested. If you hire me, I'll make you happy, I swear.

http://www.daapspace.daap.uc.edu/~beeghlr/portfolio/index.html

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I have to say I really think you've done a great job on the minimalist site, it really looks nice, flows well and really displays the core of the information well. The lightbox effect is a really nice touch.

Although the one thing I would change is having you portfolio in HTML and an option for a downloadable version.

Sidenote: You have some really nice work in you portfolio, I especially like the Visual Language Design kind of reminds me of the good ol' days at uni. :cool:

3. tbeeghly thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like the minimalist style, that's what I was really going for from the beginning. I might offer an HTML version of the resume if I get around to it. Do you think it could use an "About" section? Just looking at the site and the work seems kind of impersonal and lifeless, but maybe that's a good thing, putting emphasis on the work.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

probably not since you already have your resume on the site. I assume this site is part of your job hunting efforts? If that's the case, then it looks like it's doing what you should want it to do.........if a potential employer wants to know more "about" you after viewing your portfolio, then they'll ask you in for an interview......which is what you want them to do!