iPad mini First post! And an iPad question!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stephen10309, Feb 15, 2013.

1. stephen10309 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if its bad to keep my ipad display on all night? I downloaded the
    "Alarm clock hd" app and I thought it would be pretty cool to use my ipad as a night stand alarm clock but I wasn't sure if it would harm the display from being on for hours at a time?

I read somewhere that the iPhone displays last for like a million hours ( or some ridiculous amount of time) before it starts to go, is that true?

2. Devlin234 macrumors member

Well I'm not to sure about how long the screens last but, I think it might be ok if you have the brightness turned down all the way.. The reason I say that is because if you have an ipad 3 or 4 it might make the battery really hot and possibly harm the battery... However If you have an ipad 2 or 1 I wouldn't worry about the battery getting too hot... The battery is the only real concern..

3. stephen10309 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an iPad mini I forgot to add that important fact into the post haha, I'm a newbie. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Hungry&Foolish Suspended

The backlight on the iPad is LED technology with a typical 100,000 hours life.

5. temna macrumors 6502a

temna

I use mine for an alarm, but I just use the clock app.

6. stephen10309 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool thank you!

----------

I use my iPhone clock app for the alarm, I just thought having the clock would be cool on my nightstand