Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haystackcalhoun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
First of all, GREAT FORUM!

I have been lurking here since all the speculation about the future "iphone5" began, and enjoy it very much.

I recently pre-ordered my very first iphone through Verizon. I will be in need of a protective case that comes with a "built in" front screen cover or protector, as I am 99% sure I will eventually drop the darn thing. On my job, I will need to carry it in my front pocket most of the time. Because of this, I think the Otterbox Defender might be too bulky and a bit tough to get in and out of my pocket.

Can anyone offer some advice on a case that you might recommend for me?

Thank you for your help, and have a great upcoming week!

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Check out the iPhone accessory forum also where all of the latest cases and other products for the iPhone are discussed.

Congrats on getting the best phone!

Enjoy

Munchkinsdad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
Seidio cases seidioonline.com . I love em and you can buy a complete pkg. not bulky at all. I prefer holster clip.

Last edited:

Ramsay2011

macrumors member
May 7, 2011
keep the screen protectors on it that come from new
cut the little tabs off, cut a square out for the camera, cut out a circle for the home button and a slit for the speaker.
I think its by far the best screen protector thats what i have done for my 4 and will do for the 4S
you can then just buy and case for the phone :)

jvlfilms

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
Staten Island, NY
I'm most likely going to go with an invisibleSHIELD or similar product for the front and back. Not a big fan of bulky cases and I've always used my devices w/o a case just fine. EXCEPT my iPad getting nicked, which the Apple store said was an abnormality in the glass.

kaseya83

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2012
I'm thinking of getting a white iphone 4s and putting the speck candy shell in white and red. What do you all think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.