First post on my new MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MascisMan, Mar 11, 2008.

1. MascisMan macrumors member

Showed up this morning. 2.4 Penryn. Only changes I made was a glossy screen and a 250GB hard drive ($50).

I must say that the machine is perfect. No screen yellowing, dead silent, no warped lid. The machine is not hot at all but then again I haven't really pushed it hard yet so we will see. The keyboard types great though. Setup was a breeze. Now time to start adding some apps!

Oh and I also have iWork 08 and 4GB of OWC memory on the way to me!

I will primarily doing audio recording and some amateur photography and photoshop work on it.

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Congrats, you get a good deal on the RAM? If yes, from where? (link please :D)

3. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

congrats! I would have mine by now too but went with the high res....long wait

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

5. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

6. MascisMan thread starter macrumors member

Hi, got the OWC RAM (4GB) from www.macsales.com I believe it was $97 after shipping.

7. Area51Tazz macrumors member

Is that what's taking so long?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats OP!!!

Yeah I would have too, but I'm an instant gratification person so I went to the store and I didn't feel like spending the extra $400 on a display, CPU, and HDD change. I would have gotten the high-res, but I don't think $250 for 100MHz is justified nor is losing 50GB for fast drive.

9. Gretzky macrumors newbie

10. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I also got the glossy screen and bigger hard drive. The only difference in our orders is I had iWork preinstalled.

Mine is currently enroute, at the sorting center in Alaska, set to deliver by Thursday, so our MPBs have some similarities in time and specs — this makes me hopeful mine will be similarly flawless. :D

11. MascisMan thread starter macrumors member

Wow great minds think alike! ;)

Im very glad I went with the 250GB hard drive! I hope yours is equally great!