Before I get flamed, yes I have done a lot of forum searching and reading and have narrowed my questions quite a bit before posting this. I am about to become a first-time convert to the Mac world. I need a new laptop at home. My main work machine will remain an office-provided PC. The prospect of a good battery, fast boot time, and superior music & entertainment software (and a bit of style) has me looking Mac. The most common thing I will use the Mac for is watching streamed sports in HD (mlb.tv and ESPN Player). I will also try some light movie editing and music recording, maybe a bit of gaming. I want a laptop so I can move around the house a bit, but I will not leave the house with the computer much. So I'm looking at the 17 inch MBP, as I think I'll enjoy the bigger screen. This seems to be a less popular model around here than the 15 and 13 (is there a particular reason for that, or is my perception off?). I am not highly price-sensitive (if an option seems worth getting, I'll get it) but don't want to be wasteful. I also don't want to wait until next Spring for a new upgraded MBP model to be released, unless there is reason to think a current purchase is going to seem really weak by comparison quite soon (questions below are related to the "unless" part). Based on comments here I have decided to get the AG screen, even though the shop I visited did not have one on display. I also intend to stick with the 4MB RAM, and upgrade myself to 8MB if I see the need (saving the Apple 360, which seems excessive). I have 2 main questions left: First, the processor upgrade from 2.53 to 2.8GHz costs 360, not a small amount. Before the 2.8 offer came out I was thinking of getting the 2.66 (180) but now I'm not sure. Many people think these CPU upgrades are not worth the money, but the opinions I have seen are mostly directed at the 15 inch MBP. Does it make a difference for the 17 inch screen? In any case, is the 2.8 likely to have a significantly longer effective life span than the 2.53? Second, I am leaning toward the 7200rpm hard drive. Would the additional 540 for the 256MB SSD be a worthwhile upgrade? Finally, I am assuming AppleCare (another 349) is more or less obligatory. Yes? Many thanks in advance to the experts who spend time answering questions like these for us newbs. Cheers!