First problem....battery vs. spill on MB Uni

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WannaApple?, Nov 23, 2009.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

So, about 6 months ago, I had a spill on my MB Unibody. I completely took the computer apart using online guides, cleaned everything I could see, all pieces, battery, etc. Never had any problems with the clean up, or computer for the last 6 months and there are no signs anywhere that I can see of any stickiness, residue, etc. (although I cant see, or dont know where the spill sensors are)

Yesterday, my battery started acting up. My battery icon is now switching between charged and time remaining. Earlier it had an X on it before I rebooted and occasionally I will get a Not Charging message. I just got off the phone with Apple Care hoping they would tell me it was just a bad battery and would send me a new one. Problem is, they set me up an appt with the Genius bar tomorrow. So, now my questions are:

1. Will the genius check for spills just for a battery issue?

2. From what I described, does this sound like a bad battery, or a connector problem? (adapter is fine)

3. IF they do detect the spill from red sensors and say they wont fix it under warranty, what are my options? Can I pay to have them fix it? Is it worth it? Will they even tell me whether its a battery problem or a connector problem, so I know whether I can just buy a replacement battery?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is my first ever problem with my MB so Im a bit nervous about going to the GB tomorrow. Thanks!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

They will probably notice.

Could be either one.

Yes.

Depends how much the repair bill is.

Why not take it in and find out?