First Problems with new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Habu71, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Habu71 macrumors newbie

Have my iMac for a month and last week problems started. I called tech support yesterday but they said I need to call when the problems are actually happening. Maybe someone out here could help me figure this out: a week ago it started when I turned on the computer and went to Safari--would not connect to internet. I would then quit the app and then the computer would start a beeping noise. When I hit the space bar the beeping would go off. I would then go to Firefox--the internet would work and then I could reopen Safari and it would work. This happened for a few days. Then this weekend when I would open any program and go to any of the top menu choices and move the mouse there to go to a drop down menu---the drop down would close before I could move my cursor over to chose something. Then I went to iPhoto to open an album and it would not open to see the pictues within an album. I didn't have time to call the problem in over the weekend--yesterday I called but the computer worked fine all day so they couldn't trouble shoot it. Obviously I still have a problem--anyone think of what it could be?

2. sotov macrumors newbie

3. jameskohn macrumors 6502

return it

It's too new to have to deal with this. Plead your case with Apple customer care, they will arrange for you to return it.

Next best case: take it to an Apple store if you have access to one.

I am an admitted Apple fanboy, but the recent iMacs are not doing well. This is particularly disturbing, because i have one on order!

4. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

I know someone that just bought one from Bestbuy and found out it had been a return, and that Bestbuy had just repackaged it. Something was wrong with it. And agreeing with the person above, they do seem to be having problems.. :confused: