First Refurbished MBPs - when to expect them?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ElCidRo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ElCidRo macrumors regular

Can anyone please give me an estimate of when the new MBP's will be sold as refurbished? :D

From past experience if anyone knows...

Thanks

2. Davichi macrumors 6502

3. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

2 months, or find a student who will give you their discount. The price is the usually about the same, plus you get a nice looking box (important for resale value!)

4. ElCidRo thread starter macrumors regular

ouch that long? :(

Any idea when amazon will get them? Will they have a lower price?

5. Davichi macrumors 6502

I am sorry if I sound harsh.

But, if you are about to buy a laptop that costs 1000-2000 dollars, and you are worried about 100-200 dollars... then this laptop is not in your budget.

Amazon will offer around 30-50 dollars discount depending on your model. Also, they will not charge tax.

Apple laptop prices are pretty much locked in the way they are. You will get 100-200 dollars discount at most, but don't expect anything like 500 dollars.

6. wvu macrumors newbie

Disagree. Every dollar counts sometimes. I can't order the new 13" $1200 Pro right now but if a $1000 Pro, refurbished or not, was being offered right now I'd take it in a heartbeat.

7. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

He has a point. But if you're interested in saving a buck, I'd also check places like Craigslist or Ebay. However, it's probably safer to purchase refurb from Apple. I know you probably want the latest model, but the previous models have gone to a good discounted price. Normally the base 15 inch was 1799. Now I think it's around 1400. You may even be able to find a brand new last gen MBP 15 inch for that price!

8. Davichi macrumors 6502

There is a MBP 2010 model refurbished for 929 dollars right now. Take that one then. You cannot have the latest and greatest at a lowest price. Nope.

Feel free to disagree, but apple doesn't make any cheap laptops. They are premium ones. If the price is an issue, look elsewhere.

also, 100 dollars was referring to 1000 dollars laptop and 200 dollars was referring to 2000 dollars laptop.

If you are buying a laptop, and you are worried about 10% cost difference, then this laptop should not be on your budget list.

9. ElCidRo thread starter macrumors regular

Wow Davichi, smug much? Whats your problem if I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy?

Please stop hijaking my topic... Please.

10. Davichi macrumors 6502

I thought I did say sorry if I sound harsh. hijaking is not the correct term there.

11. Cheese. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

yeah, are they available in the uk store at the same time as the us?

12. kx22 macrumors member

Yeah right, you were just saying he was a beggar.
    Why do you think Apple made the Macbook Pro for 1199? because they want a bigger scale of sale. Not because they want to tell some1 to ***** off if they cant pay 2000 $.
    If he likes to pay less and getting a refurb, well isnt that great? Why do you think they give the refurb a lower price. Because its not new....

So 1. wait for the refurb what will comes by in hopefully a month or buy it on a student account from a friend.

13. ElCidRo thread starter macrumors regular

I want to save money for the iPad 2 too :)
    I am from Europe - but a friend will buy it for me from the US.
    Could someone please tell me what is this student discount? How much is it? Can my friend find a student and use his discount? Like give him 50$ to do it or something like that?

Thanks again for the help - can't wait to get my Mac :apple:

14. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl