First Scratch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Lotabob, May 22, 2015.

1. Lotabob macrumors newbie

Today I found I have scratched my Apple Watch Sport screen. It's not a huge scratch, I don't even know how it happened, I have it in a protector as I thought the body would be the weakness. Excuse me while I go and cry over the good old days when the screen was immaculate.

2. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

3. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

People with the sport watch should've known that scratches are inevitable.

4. Lotabob thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to photograph it. It's barely visible. It was inevitable, I went for the cheaper model to try the tech, I'll maybe splash out in a few years on a 2nd or even 3rd generation incarnation. I'm already hopelessly hooked on the concept now. I never needed a smart watch but now is be lost without it.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Easiest fix is to put a screen protector on it. If the scratch is small as you say, you won't be able to see it at all. Plus it will protect your watch from future scratches.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

6. Lotabob thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't feel duped at all. I knew what product I was buying. It's a relatively small scratch, the case is protected in a little case and the band is doin exactly what it's supposed to be. The tech itself is (and I can say this without any hesitation or glossing over) fantastic, I'm a keen runner and the activity monitoring has become a big part of my fitness regime, and seeing my heart rate over a day, month and eventually years is a brilliant way of monitoring my fitness levels. I really like what they've done, and I like that I'm benefiting from it without paying a load of money.

7. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Eh, that little scratch makes the watch yours! I say own it and flaunt it. It's aging and changing like a fine wine. ;) It makes it look like you use the watch instead of wrapping it in bubble wrap and being afraid to wear it outside the house.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Drop your iPhone 6 face-down onto a tile floor. I dropped it in the garage a few months ago and cracked the bottom corner. This drop looked like Spider-Man's business card. I was like :eek:.

But thankfully Apple fixed it for $109. You should see if there's anything similar for Apple Watch in case it gets worse.

9. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

$109 is a steal compared to the $229 that Apple is charging to replace the Watch display. It's a $349 to completely replace the 42mm Sport :rolleyes:

10. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Agreed 100%

A few months ago I bought a Micrsoft Band. It has a huge bezel around the displaY. Within a few days it had a million scratches on that bezel. (If I had read the Band forums before hand I would have known this was going to happen) anyhow, I put an ArmorSuit screen protector (wet application) on it and you can no longer see the scratches at all!

11. PhantomCypher macrumors member

Pics or it didn't happen.

12. Centaurr macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

13. foxkoneko macrumors 6502