Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoke19

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
SoCal
When do you think the first software update will become available and what do you think it should have it in?

brasscat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Dallas, Texas
When do you think the first software update will become available and what do you think it should have it in?

Following Apple TV's example, and IF there are no major flaws found in the iPhone, expect an update somewhere between 30-60 days. A standard Apple update would include performance and stability enhancements, as well as a new feature or two added to existing software on the phone. Excitement around this phone may mean a new app or two by day 90. We'll see.

But I see issues surrounding Safari on the iPhone. Opening multiple pages in Safari seems to crash the browser, and affects other processes as well. Several times a Safari crash rebooted my iPhone, and once it crashed the desktop icons disappeared (which then reloaded a few seconds later, like a Finder crash in OSX). Hopefully Apple will patch this one quickly, since a few people besides myself are already reporting the same issue.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
I think brasscat is right on with the 30 day mark. The only reason that I can see something coming sooner is if there is a new issue that causes physical damage or major service problems in some way. Then they might release a fix/update sooner.

Unfortunately some problems only come to light once a product has been released to the general public.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.