Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I know it sucks, but call customer service. They'll take the message off your credit if you got charged for it. Other than that, there's not much they can do.

Justin205

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL (Roll Tide!)
I got a few spam text messages about three weeks ago. Replied and told them to stop sending them. Haven't recieved anymore since. My bill came last week and I was charged 19.99 for it, so I called AT&T. They said they couldn't take the $20 off of that bill but that they would give me a $20 credit on my next bill to cancel it out. You should call CS.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Here is a text I received September 4, 2007 2:35 PM:

Gorman@roenisch.net(YGBSM)*All software! even (W.indows Vista and Adobe CS3) 87%off goto: (http://www.49mobile.com)

A little different. Come to think of it, I don't ever remember getting spam texts before and I've had Cingular since 2004. I hope this isn't an issue with "The New AT&T"

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I got a few spam text messages about three weeks ago. Replied and told them to stop sending them. Haven't recieved anymore since. My bill came last week and I was charged 19.99 for it, so I called AT&T. They said they couldn't take the $20 off of that bill but that they would give me a $20 credit on my next bill to cancel it out. You should call CS.

Eeeeek. Sounds like it enrolled you in a monthly payment plan. Just like when you text "blah blah blah" to "blah blah blah" for free ringtones, graphics, jokes, and whatnot. I read an article saying it's nearly impossible to get rid of, even the phone companies can't really do much about it because of legal agreements and the notorious nature of these shady companies. I never thought that maybe replying back to a text could get someone into that much trouble. It would be like calling back a 1-900 number, except they keep charging you every month. I seriously hope that your AT&T rep knew what they were talking about and you won't get charged again for next month.

Justin205

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL (Roll Tide!)
Eeeeek. Sounds like it enrolled you in a monthly payment plan. Just like when you text "blah blah blah" to "blah blah blah" for free ringtones, graphics, jokes, and whatnot. I read an article saying it's nearly impossible to get rid of, even the phone companies can't really do much about it because of legal agreements and the notorious nature of these shady companies. I never thought that maybe replying back to a text could get someone into that much trouble. It would be like calling back a 1-900 number, except they keep charging you every month. I seriously hope that your AT&T rep knew what they were talking about and you won't get charged again for next month.

I was afraid by replying they would be like "Oh! A real person...bombard him with more!" But after several days of "Look for your soulmate today. Her name is Tina" I finally just told them to stop. And like I said...no more problems. IIRC, the rep even said she saw where I had requested them to stop:confused: Never had any spam text with TMobile...but AT&T was very helpful about the whole thing.

Mav1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I've been getting spam on my iPhone :apple: too from 362-45 too but it's about political stuff. It's from republicans and democrats so idk where it's actually coming from or how to stop it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.