Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
The shuffle and nano should be waterproof. I can sweat alot at the gym. It would be nice if they could withstand heat too. My shuffle started acting up when I use it in the sauna and steam room.

Really? I thought it was a great little gym device. I don't care what the screen looks like while I'm running, but I do want to access my tunes the way I want to (ie not shuffle). And for gyms that "broadcast" television audio, you've gotta have the FM receiver. The size and the built in clip make it tops IMHO. I don't mind a single-tasker that lives in my gym bag.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
Perhaps it's just me being narrow minded, but I don't see too much potential with the screen being so small and no blue tooth. To me, it's fine as shipped. We'll see.

I can see a market for apps on the Nano. Most would be total novelty but it could go.

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
I hope they move forward with this and find some cool features.

I would never hack/jailbreak my iPhone (probably would have back in my younger/college days) it's just not worth the hassle and possible loss of app data. But I would definitely do it to my new nano as long as I could restore to factory if needed.

Get to it hackers!:D

HORTENSE

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
The only other thing I would like to see in the new Nano would be Pandora Radio. Too bad there is no wifi on this tiny device. In retrospect, it replaces the traditional walkman nicely!

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Nice going diverting my point. The guy originally bitched that the nano wouldn't fit his obese fingers. I didn't bring up the subject. Let me guess- you're against the nano as well?

Nah, you introduced the word and the ad hominem attacks. Guess you are just proud you can spell it.

Timeraner

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It has a fairly accurate accelerometer already built into it. Let's put it for some nice mini games. And video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.