First steps with AW2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kuku83, Nov 2, 2016.

1. kuku83 macrumors newbie

I am in my first steps with AW2 and i have some noob questions:

Is it recommendable to switch off background refresh on the watch?
    Why my iPhone is using location much more than before pairing the watch?
    Why when I am using maps in the Apple Watch, it still use the iPhone gps instead its own?

Thanks in advance to everybody !!!!

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

1. Recommended by who? Is you battery dying during the day? If so then yes, if not then no need to cut off.
    2. Your :apple:Watch is also using Location Services and it goes through your iPhone.
    3. It will always use the iPhone's GPS anytime the iPhone is connected to save battery life.

3. Ivanovitchk macrumors member

Ivanovitchk

- for the apps you use, no. I suggest uninstalling any app that you don't use on the watch
    - I would guess location services are accessed to update the weather complication
    - For battery concerns, the watch only uses it's own gps if the phone is not reachable.

4. kuku83 thread starter macrumors newbie

I unplugged the watch yesterday 23:00 and right now 12:11 AM, it's on 78%

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you saying battery drained 20% in an hour? That doesn't sound right.

What apps do you have installed on your watch? I'd try uninstalling all, and install only ones you actually use.

6. kuku83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, sorry i was wrong, the range is between 23:00 PM to 12:11 PM next morning.

The Watch usage says :

Wait Time 14 hours 18 mins
    Use: 2 hours 7 mins

Right now 76 % battery still

Watchos 3.1 Installed.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ah, ok. Then no need to worry about fiddling with background refresh, your battery is just fine.

8. kuku83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right now, suddenly, it has passed from 69 % to 47 %. Is it normal?? I am in the second charge cycle.

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Kick back and stop trying so hard to find problems. Use you :apple:Watch for a couple of weeks. Then you can see the patterns and see if you have anything to be concerned about.

10. kuku83 thread starter macrumors newbie

B
    Thanks to all for your info, althought i think that it's a bit strange that watch changes between 69% -> 47% in a 2 seconds interval.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Battery life readings are estimates. For all we know, our watches do,things like that and we don't notice because we don't stare at the battery indicator all day.

As Julien suggests, stop looking at your battery. Charge it up to a 100%, put on the watch, wear it all day, check the battery at the end of the day. Do this for a few days and you'll get a better idea of what to expect in terms of battery life from your watch.