First technical support for my Penryn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DocSmitty, Mar 21, 2008.

1. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Just had my first problem with my new MBP: the power adapter. I'm traveling this week and when I plugged in my MBP, nothing. No LED light, no battery charging. My girlfriend's charger (Early 07 MBP) worked just fine, so I knew it wasn't the computer. A little disconcerting that a brand new part, in pristine condition (when I was having it looked at, everyone commented on how it looked spotless), would go bad.

Took it into the Apple Store near here (good thing I was traveling really, as the closest one to where I live is an hour drive..) and they were very helpful. Friday afternoon, so the store was crowded, and I didn't have a Genius Bar appointment, but they put me on 'standby' and then put me through very quickly as it was a simple but game-stopping issue. Several different people (one must have been a manager, no ID badge) helped expedite things, and they even replaced my girlfriend's power adapter too, as it was showing early signs of the fraying issue that last year's model was prone to.

Total time was just under an hour, which was not bad at all given how busy the store was (when I walked in I got a sudden 'oh crap' feeling seeing how many people were lined up at the Genius Bar) and my lack of appointment.

2. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

oh well! things are bound to happen, it's just a matter of time.
    good thing your experience at the genius bar was very good