Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrsick06

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
take it right back off again because it is a piece of trash. I have to dig to reach the vibrate switch and it being rubber makes it near impossible to get out of my pocket. Not only my phone but my wallet to. My entire pocket got pulled inside out trying to get my phone.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Can't disagree that getting at the mute switch can be a pain but overall I've loved the Bumper. In fact, it's the only iPhone case I've ever had that I've kept on longer than a week.

I think it's a pretty quality case though. Great design and seamless integration into the iP4's aesthetics.

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
Agree with those observations, but I personally would prefer not to drop a call so easily without one.

Dropped call? Maybe the govt has posted me in Finland too long where they actually have good, no great, no excellent networks. My iPhone4 is bumperless and has zero point zero problems with reception. This is the product of competent network planners and quality investment in infrastructure. Oh well, I'm off to surf the net on my 200Mbps cable Internet.

dark55

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
I agree that the bumper case isn't that great. It feels cheap (especially when compared to the glass and steel iPhone it protects :D) I tried it for a week, and then decided I liked it better without it. Glad I didn't pay $30 for it. That would make me feel dirty, and taken advantage of :(:rolleyes:.

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
I took mine off the instant I got it because it's the only case that isn't "compatible" with my bestskins. It made the skin to start peeling up. I've always used a bestskins + a case, but the rubber edges of the bumper just lifts the skin right up.

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
I took mine off because its a pretty handicapped case. Only works with apple cables and I have a third party cable in my car to play the iPod. So once I noticed that, it was done with.

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
I didn't like how the phone felt when the bumper was installed. I absolutely love the flat finish of the new iPhone. It's so much easier to hold than previous generations. The bumper made it feel like an old gen phone again.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Same here. I bought it with my iPhone on Launch (Thank God I got a Refund on it). and I took it off and kept it with my other cheapy cases. I could only use Apple Headphones (My Lennteks didn't fit :( ). and I couldn't use it in my car since my Car has its own iPod Cable (its a Kia Forte) and It wouldn't fit. So Now I have an incipio dermashot that I'm using till my Speck Fitted from the case program arrives

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I disagree - I like mine - and since I have tried and own 7 other cases it's the best of the worst. I have a white one and think it looks quality.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Can't disagree that getting at the mute switch can be a pain but overall I've loved the Bumper. In fact, it's the only iPhone case I've ever had that I've kept on longer than a week.

I think it's a pretty quality case though. Great design and seamless integration into the iP4's aesthetics.

Same. I absolutely love my bumper!

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
anyone who doesn't want theirs let me know, I have the black and blue and want other colors.

I do have to say it's great in my eyes. I have the black and blue and the black is definitely more "rubbery" than the blue. maybe the coloring of the blue reduces the rubber feel more? It's a noticeable difference from the 2. so if your not happy with the rubber feel, get another color if you can.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
take it right back off again because it is a piece of trash. I have to dig to reach the vibrate switch and it being rubber makes it near impossible to get out of my pocket. Not only my phone but my wallet to. My entire pocket got pulled inside out trying to get my phone.

Didn't I tell you to stop putting glue in your pockets?

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
sapporobaby said:
Dropped call? Maybe the govt has posted me in Finland too long where they actually have good, no great, no excellent networks. My iPhone4 is bumperless and has zero point zero problems with reception. This is the product of competent network planners and quality investment in infrastructure. Oh well, I'm off to surf the net on my 200Mbps cable Internet.

Hahaha... Well said! :D

hzeat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Dallas

+1...seamless integration and great fit no doubt. i've tried a few others, all they do is bulk up the phone.

i've got 2 black...one for reserve. and if any of y'all don't want yours...colored ones specifically, let me know!

churchrd

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
OP,
I have the exact same complaints as you. But I really like the bumper and have had it on since it arrived. The volume button is a PITA, especially with my fat fingers. I've gotten into the habit of just turning the phone down instead of flipping the switch. And yes it is next to impossible for me, to get it out of my pocket when I'm sitting in my car. But I still like it way more than I expected too.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I've been using a white apple bumper but even with boiling and skins on the steel band it wasn't that tight. Got a free cheap tpu bumper from tipb yesterday and it looks like the apple one is being replaced. Half the thickness and it doesn't budge. It also accommodates 3rd party chargers and plugs which I have all over the place (charge/sync cable that came with the iPhone is the only one I had that fits). The apple one is definitely higher quality and has a nicer look but this one is matte black so it has a clean stealth look. If it wasn't for reception issues I'd probably rock it naked (which I tried doing for about a month) :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.