first thing i did after putting on my free bumper case was...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vrsick06, Aug 10, 2010.

1. vrsick06 macrumors newbie

take it right back off again because it is a piece of trash. I have to dig to reach the vibrate switch and it being rubber makes it near impossible to get out of my pocket. Not only my phone but my wallet to. My entire pocket got pulled inside out trying to get my phone.

2. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

Agree with those observations, but I personally would prefer not to drop a call so easily without one.

3. Airmaxpenny1 macrumors newbie

I was never a fan of the bumper to begin with.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Can't disagree that getting at the mute switch can be a pain but overall I've loved the Bumper. In fact, it's the only iPhone case I've ever had that I've kept on longer than a week.

I think it's a pretty quality case though. Great design and seamless integration into the iP4's aesthetics.

5. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Dropped call? Maybe the govt has posted me in Finland too long where they actually have good, no great, no excellent networks. My iPhone4 is bumperless and has zero point zero problems with reception. This is the product of competent network planners and quality investment in infrastructure. Oh well, I'm off to surf the net on my 200Mbps cable Internet.

6. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Agreed! I expected more (better) from Apple.

7. r3voLoLwuT macrumors member

8. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I like my bumper...I just need a hip case that I can fit the entire bumpered iPhone into

9. dark55 macrumors member

I agree that the bumper case isn't that great. It feels cheap (especially when compared to the glass and steel iPhone it protects :D) I tried it for a week, and then decided I liked it better without it. Glad I didn't pay $30 for it. That would make me feel dirty, and taken advantage of :(:rolleyes:.

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Boil it .... everyone else seems to be doing it.

11. eurotechnik macrumors newbie

cannibalize it and custom fit the buttons on another case. someone did, on a griffin reveal.

12. ajones46 macrumors 6502

I took mine off the instant I got it because it's the only case that isn't "compatible" with my bestskins. It made the skin to start peeling up. I've always used a bestskins + a case, but the rubber edges of the bumper just lifts the skin right up.

13. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I took mine off because its a pretty handicapped case. Only works with apple cables and I have a third party cable in my car to play the iPod. So once I noticed that, it was done with.

14. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I didn't like how the phone felt when the bumper was installed. I absolutely love the flat finish of the new iPhone. It's so much easier to hold than previous generations. The bumper made it feel like an old gen phone again.

15. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Same here. I bought it with my iPhone on Launch (Thank God I got a Refund on it). and I took it off and kept it with my other cheapy cases. I could only use Apple Headphones (My Lennteks didn't fit :( ). and I couldn't use it in my car since my Car has its own iPod Cable (its a Kia Forte) and It wouldn't fit. So Now I have an incipio dermashot that I'm using till my Speck Fitted from the case program arrives

16. glen e macrumors 68030

I disagree - I like mine - and since I have tried and own 7 other cases it's the best of the worst. I have a white one and think it looks quality.

17. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Same. I absolutely love my bumper!

18. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

anyone who doesn't want theirs let me know, I have the black and blue and want other colors.

I do have to say it's great in my eyes. I have the black and blue and the black is definitely more "rubbery" than the blue. maybe the coloring of the blue reduces the rubber feel more? It's a noticeable difference from the 2. so if your not happy with the rubber feel, get another color if you can.

19. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Didn't I tell you to stop putting glue in your pockets?

20. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Hahaha... Well said! :D

21. hzeat macrumors member

+1...seamless integration and great fit no doubt. i've tried a few others, all they do is bulk up the phone.

i've got 2 black...one for reserve. and if any of y'all don't want yours...colored ones specifically, let me know!

22. churchrd macrumors member

OP,
    I have the exact same complaints as you. But I really like the bumper and have had it on since it arrived. The volume button is a PITA, especially with my fat fingers. I've gotten into the habit of just turning the phone down instead of flipping the switch. And yes it is next to impossible for me, to get it out of my pocket when I'm sitting in my car. But I still like it way more than I expected too.

23. robotphood macrumors 6502a

I've been using a white apple bumper but even with boiling and skins on the steel band it wasn't that tight. Got a free cheap tpu bumper from tipb yesterday and it looks like the apple one is being replaced. Half the thickness and it doesn't budge. It also accommodates 3rd party chargers and plugs which I have all over the place (charge/sync cable that came with the iPhone is the only one I had that fits). The apple one is definitely higher quality and has a nicer look but this one is matte black so it has a clean stealth look. If it wasn't for reception issues I'd probably rock it naked (which I tried doing for about a month) :(

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

The mute switch is hard to get to? How often do you mute the phone? Daily? Several times a day? wtf.