First thing I see when booting up my iPad... Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

Is some Chinese worker having a joke or something? Did anyone else have something like this pop up?

I'm not so immature as to fake this. This was the first thing I saw after restoring from an iCloud backup. That's not my apple I'd, nor have I ever used an I'd like that.
If I made this up, I wouldn't be using an account I've had for 3 years.

Last edited:

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I'm not so immature as to fake this. This was the first thing I saw after restoring from an iCloud backup. That's not my apple I'd, nor have I ever used an I'd like that.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
It's fake. Not sure why you are trolling so hard.

Seriously man. Just stop. It's not as funny as you think it is.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
A little research yields that as a faked appleID found on cracked, pirated iOS apps. Since it appears you're trying to restore or update your iPad's apps, I think you just outed yourself as a pirate... :cool:

marzxbarz

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
It's fake. Not sure why you are trolling so hard.

Seriously man. Just stop. It's not as funny as you think it is.
It's not fake. I've seen the same issue, however I am inclined to believe it may have something to do with Cydia and jailbroken apps. OP, did you restore from a jailbroken device?

mizzoucat

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2005
He's not lying......

mine did the exact same thing. I entered my legit login info and then a login with some weird apple id popped up. I can't remember what it said but it was either similar or identical to the op's....And yes, I was restoring from an iCloud backup from a jailbroken iPhone....

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
It's not fake. I've seen the same issue, however I am inclined to believe it may have something to do with Cydia and jailbroken apps. OP, did you restore from a jailbroken device?
Yes, the iCloud backup was from a jailbroken device.

----------

You have to get the context of that thread. There were a BUNCH of threads and polls about pee, and a lot of people were adding to it. There were at least 10 of these threads in the hour.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
mine did the exact same thing. I entered my legit login info and then a login with some weird apple id popped up. I can't remember what it said but it was either similar or identical to the op's....And yes, I was restoring from an iCloud backup from a jailbroken iPhone....
Yes, the iCloud backup was from a jailbroken device.
I'm having to stifle actual hysterical laughter right now as everyone unwittingly confesses to piracy on an open forum.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I'm having to stifle actual hysterical laughter right now as everyone unwittingly confesses to piracy on an open forum.
There are a lot more things to do with a jailbreak than piracy. I haven't pirated an app except for once when installous came out to see if it actually worked. Way before I owned an iPad.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Jailbreaking an iOS device does not equal piracy nor is it illegal.
No, but this specific error, as I mentioned in my first post in the thread, is directly related to using cracked ipa's with falsified AppleID info attached.

EDIT: Nor am I saying don't jailbreak. By all means jailbreak, I do it too. I'm not even saying "don't pirate." What I am saying is, its hilarious for people to come here and inadvertently reveal their piracy.

Bradllez

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
Orlando
appleguy123 said:
You have to get the context of that thread. There were a BUNCH of threads and polls about pee, and a lot of people were adding to it. There were at least 10 of these threads in the hour.
Contributing to the madness makes you even more immature.

But since there is an actual reason pertaining to why this happened (jailbreak), I can believe this now.

Apologies for calling false witness.

/bradllez

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
No, but this specific error, as I mentioned in my first post in the thread, is directly related to using cracked ipa's with falsified AppleID info attached.

EDIT: Nor am I saying don't jailbreak. By all means jailbreak, I do it too. I'm not even saying "don't pirate." What I am saying is, its hilarious for people to come here and inadvertently reveal their piracy.
Does appsync do this too? I use it to test the apps I beta test so that I don't have to deal with provisions when I get a new device.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Does appsync do this too? I use it to test the apps I beta test so that I don't have to deal with provisions when I get a new device.
Appsync alone won't do it. The installation of a cracked ipa with this faked AppleID info inserted into the metadata will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.