First time Apple grade users how long to get shipment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 18, 2017.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

first time Apple upgrade users. When you ordered your iPhone 7 or iPhone 6s preordered. What wave of shipments did you get?

Did you get delivery on date of release or because of application you were delayed?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Who did you order from?

Apple is really good about getting your device to you on the day promised. Sometime the carriers do not. I have always ordered from Apple early in the morning and get my phone delivered on opening day.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

I'm going to order my iPhone x through Apple via the Apple upgrade program. I'm going to preorder in October but wanted to know how Apple usually does with releasing the phones since we have to fill out and application.

4. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

I am interested as well but it from Apple's website it seems like to go through the option selections and try to buy as a new enrollee to the IUP, you have to go in-store to do so...

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

You have to go in store? Who said? That's new information to me.

6. BigTomCallaghan macrumors regular

That was just what it showed me when trying to buy an iPhone 8 to see how it worked. I have no idea either - hoping someone can clarify...

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Yes for IUP you need to go in store. You order online and pick up in store and sort out the application.

8. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

Is this a change to the program? When I ordered the 7+ on the iUP I didn't need to go in store and I didn't need to for the 8+ either

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Yep, they want you to identify yourself. It is a loan.

10. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

Then what is the
    then please explain what is the point of offering it online and giving a time frame delievery on the app. By the time morning comes and I go to the store I would be hours behind on getting in preorder line.

Makes no sense.

When I tried with the 8 it said delievery 26th and just wanted me to accept all the conditions with the loan.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2017 ---
    This is what Apple site says. You can do either online or in person based on what I'm reading.

11. CanesDrew macrumors 6502

CanesDrew

This is not true. I’m a first time user of the IUP program (for my order of the 8 and 8+) and did not need to go in-store.

That’s not a requirement for everyone but that’s also not to say that some people aren’t allowed to complete the process online.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I WILL NOT ARGUE WITH YOU.

Have it your way and try your method! Best of luck. If you can get it done online, good for you!

13. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I'm only going by what people have said to me. I went into it to see how it works and only gave option to pick up for me as well

14. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

who was arguing? but okay.

15. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

Really? That’s so weird. It didn’t for me. I don’t mind picking up cause I’ll alresdy be guaranteed one. I’ll just be picking up the one I order as in ship to store. But option I saw said sept 26.

16. mzsigler macrumors regular

I ordered an 8+ today by enrolling in the upgrade program. Did it all online, got an email from the bank saying I was approved and my order is processing. You DO, however, have to go to the store to sign up if you’re on T-mobile, that might be why people are saying different things.

[​IMG]