First Time Apple Watch Owner Nike+ S3 LTE Impressions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iThink Apple, Oct 5, 2017.

1. iThink Apple macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Hello all!

So happy to have gotten my black 42MM S3 Apple Nike+ Watch! This is the first time owing an Apple Watch so I wanted to share my first impressions.

I took it for a run right after I finished setting it up. I ran 3 miles and I absolutely loved running with it! It felt as if nothing was on my wrist. All of the Nike metrics were great and fun to play with. I've been wearing it since about 3pm ET and the battery life has been great so far! I tried to make a call from the shower and it worked perfectly :) While I do see myself wanting to leave my phone at home, I can't quite yet do so....the reason? Music! I use Spotify a LOT and since there is no watch app, I don't see myself without music. I also hope that radio streaming apps will be able to update their apps to stream radios directly from the LTE watch. Once I am able to do these 2 things, my phone will be saying home a lot more often.

Cheers to a great watch....SO far ;)

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Glad to hear you love it. If you pair that watch with AirPods, then you really will have something awesome.

I think the 4.1 update will be bringing the Radio App(plus Apple Music) to the watch.

3. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

Yea I have the airpods. I just don’t use Apple Music. I just hope that developers update their apps to take advantage of LTE.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Glad to hear your watch works well. I love my Nike Watch S2 but now on watchOS 4, Nike app seems a bit slow at times so I’m just using built in app for running for the time being. The bonus is it’s just really easy to control music now compared to watchOS 3.

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Looking forward to getting mine..another 3 weeks or so to wait as can’t get to a store at the moment.

6. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I feel you man - I’ve been waiting on a native Spotify app since 2015 and still not a single word on it - they bought the guy developing an app (almost ready for release) only to kill it.

Button line is, that I lost patience and changed my subscription to Apple Music and moved all my playlists.

The watch is an amazing running buddy with the AirPods and I’m done waiting for Spotify to break the silence

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I cancelled Spotify the day Apple Music launched. The first few months were painful but now it's the best decision ever.

OP will be able to use Radio app though. Beat 1 is great so there's at least that.

8. iThink Apple, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

I am very scared to switch to Apple Music....I just love the Spotify playlists so much! Also, don't you know that if https://snowy.rocks had officially gotten killed, that they would take down the site?

His April 2017 update:

Hi all, thanks for your patience and understanding. I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be working closely with Spotify to bring Snowy to the Apple Watch as part of an official Spotify iOS app. Spotify’s powerful iOS SDK made it possible to develop Snowy, but I can’t wait to take things to the next level with the expertise and tools available at Spotify. While I can’t give any estimates as to when it’ll be available, you can rest assured that a Spotify Apple Watch companion app is in the pipeline.

9. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I just didn’t have the patience anymore. And after the initial setup it’s been amazing with Apple Music. The WatchOS 4 Music app rocks and loading music is a breeze

10. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iThink Apple

I might just have to give it a try :(

11. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I’ve been playing with 4.1 since yesterday and the radio app works flawless. It’s a whole different experience running around without anything in your pockets and just airpods.

I ran for about 33mins with the radio app on and the nike app running (no phone). It drained about 10%, so not horrible since you won’t be running + streaming all day. At the end of the day I still have 52% (I work in a office with WiFi and my phone kind of close by).

12. Mansu944 macrumors regular

What’s the deal with AirPods?? I use my beatsx and love them.

13. predation macrumors 6502a

They’re awesome. IMOH, one of apples best product.

I feel bad for the people who can’t use the AP because they don’t fit in their ears unfortunately.

Picked up an AW3 and love being able to control music in the playing now app.

Getting Spotify app to AW would be the absolute F’ing best.

Next year when the battery life is upped in the AW4, I’m done.

14. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Does Apple allow streaming apps on the Watch? Because there are none so far. I'd think at least TuneIn would be there but that Watch app is still just a remote for the phone.

15. predation macrumors 6502a

I believe pandora is working on it now.
    If they get this out quick enough, I think they can get a decent market share.

16. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

When I have time I'll test Pandora. I've tried plenty of watch apps that seemed like they'd stream based on the descriptions, but they were all phone dependant and at best might hand off audio to airpods.

17. predation macrumors 6502a

Sorry. What I meant was, Pandora (as a company) is working on a AW streaming app.

18. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

BeatX is ok, the new one with W1 chip even better. It all comes down to personal preference really. You won't go wrong with W1 chip headphone.

19. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

Ah, now I understand. I read the sentence as meaning "working on the watch" it could have been read either way.

It's fascinating to watch all this happen again. I figured the phablet craze would end eventually and we'd all start lusting after tiny phones like the original RAZR flip again. I didn't quite see that the tiny phones would be strapped on our wrists.