So I have been thinking about switching to macs for a long time. And I'm finally ready to do it. I walk into the Apple store and just fell in love with the 17" screen iMac. I'm a PR freelancer so I do mostly writing, but I'm also a musician and want to do some things with garage band and in the future, I may invest in setting up a mini home recording studio - nothing big. But now I see that buying a mac is very much like playing the stock market. You have to buy at the right time. I've seen the rumors that the iMacs will be updated, but that the 17" might go away. Two problems with this: The 20" screen gave me a headache and 2) I cannot afford to 20" iMac. So what do I do? Should I 1) Wait until the new iMac is released and get the cheapest of the new version 2) Get the 17" when the price goes through the floor because it's discontinued 3) Wait until I have more money to get the iMac pro. It's just confusing. On the one hand, i want to wait and see, but I'm dreaming about the iMac. And what if the new generation of iMacs has growing pains, assuming it would take a few reworks to get the new ones perfect. And what if the "striking industrial design" doesn't leave me smitten? This is seriously more stressful than buying a car!