First Time Converting DVD to ATV2/IPAD

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tbear1, Apr 10, 2011.

1. tbear1 macrumors regular

Could use some advice.

I downloaded Mactheripper and ripped my daughters Alvin and the Squeakquel movie. Now that it is on the HDD, the folder only has a video_ts directory. I am walking through the 'How to backup/copy/rip video DVD...' tutorial and it states there should also be a audio_ts folder also.

Any ideas if I need to upgrade Mactheripper or did I import incorrectly? The only settings that I changed were region to 1 and disable UOPS. It took about 1/2 hour to rip the DVD.

Thanks.

2. peterjcat macrumors 6502

Don't worry about it, you don't need the AUDIO_TS folder.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Yes you are fine just use Handbrake and encode for the ATV / iPad

4. tbear1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. It played fine through VLC, so I moved on to handbrake. I have 30 more minutes before it finishes...

5. Pamani macrumors regular

Pamani

6. tbear1 thread starter macrumors regular

Handbrake is nice. I didn't have any problems using the standard ATV2 settings. I imported it into iTunes. The only extra manual step was updating the cover art and disk title.

7. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

If you find yourself doing more dvd's download MetaX for all your tagging and cover art. Very nice software.

8. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

I tried for weeks on end to get MetaX to write the data to my Handbrake encoded files, and failed miserably. Just never could figure it out. I ended up going with iFlicks, which does a great job. Fairly stiff price tag on it, but my inability to get MetaX working properly was making me crazy.

9. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

That's weird I just tagged about 100 dvd's using MetaX and only about 5 or 6 weren't able to find information on them.

10. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I would also suggest Identify 2, it works very well i have used it to tagg about 600 movies and about 1200 TV shows.