First time disappointed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MathersMahmood, Sep 9, 2016.

1. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

This is the first time I have not got an iPhone on launch day as it was all sold out in seconds. Which I am OK with its just a phone and i am not going to die.

BUT

What I am not OK with the the reservation system. When clicking on it, it took me to the US site and I was not able to make a reservation. And now when the link works Everything is booked. It is a joke and Apple either on purpose kept supply low to make it seem like the product was so sought after or they just didn't make enough in time which is dumb anyways.

Either way get your shizz together apple I feel more sorry for those in america already on the upgrade program and cannot upgrade. Makes the program counterproductive as they need to pay more installments and sets them back for the next iPhone upgrade.

Oh wells... Congrats to all you who have managed to place an order for release date! :)

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

It seems as if a lot of customers were disappointed, which is unfortunate. I successfully made it through.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yeah I'm in the upgrade program and I couldn't get a black 128 7+ But I managed to get a silver 128 7+ reservation for launch day so although it wasn't my first color choice at least I'll get a phone at launch. Seems like all the 7+ blacks were immediately sold out.

4. MathersMahmood thread starter macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

You would think logically that apple would make more of the new colors.

5. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

That's true. But with how expensive the phone is there's no way I would not order the color I wanted. I have no second choice. Do rather wait a week or two and get what I want rather than settle for something else. But it's a bonus if you like two colors and resign yourself to either or. I see that being beneficial.

6. MathersMahmood thread starter macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Yeah I am not going to get any other model or color. I want the one i want and don't mind waiting.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Things like this happen every year. With the Apple site getting hammered it is sometimes a crapshoot.

8. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

At least the matte black that's replacing the space gray should be in larger quantities. The jet black is a more labor intensive process so I can understand how it could be in shorter supply.

9. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Which carrier were you picking? I went with Verizon and am getting 7+ on 09/16 and it stayed at that date for at least 15 mins when I was curiously checking.

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Sprint

11. MathersMahmood thread starter macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Yep I know

12. MathersMahmood thread starter macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I hope so. I will check back on the 17th and see if I can get a reservation. You never know anything can happen in that time and they might be able to get enough stock.

Quite surprising though as the 6S was stocked up a lot last year.

13. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yes although the 6S was basically the same colors and body of the 6 so it was easier to ramp up assembly since all that really changed was the insides. Last year I wasn't going to buy the 6S+ since I was happy with my 6+ but the saturday morning, day after the friday preorder, I decided to join the AUP and managed to get the 6S+ 128 in space gray for launch day reservation at 1PM. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Couldn't get the black 128 7+ that I wanted this time around but at least I got a silver 128 7+ 9am launch reservation through AUP and I'm hoping they may have a matte black that I can switch to when I get there.

14. MathersMahmood thread starter macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I really hope I get it soon. Using an old iphone 4 at the moment.