First time holding iPhone 6.....woah

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamwellG, Sep 18, 2014.

1. SamwellG macrumors member

I work at Tesla and one of our customers came in who helped design the 6 and 6+. Of course after seeing him place this brand new shiny Apple thing on the desk I asked what it was.

First time I holding it was something ****ing else. I asked if it was the 6+...he said it was just the 6 and the 6+ is even bigger....... :eek:

Power button on the right means possibly toggling with the volume on the left with your thumb because you sort of squeeze the phone. (easy hand adjustment should cease that)

After pressing the power button, his background looked so smooth and fluid. I didnt dare swipe to the right and unlock it. The silver color looked very light, the white background wasnt my thing (I wish he had the space gray)

Pretty much: this thing is big. My hand will get used to it, I couldnt imagine what it would be with plus. Its not my thing, but im sure you guys will L O V E it. I CANT WAIT!:)

2. turbineseaplane macrumors 68040

turbineseaplane

Just what I wanted to hear.
    6 was the right choice *for me*

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thanks for sharing! Also, do you work at Corporate or dealership out of curiosity?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed. Though I waited to order "risking" a delivery much later than I care to have because I really wanted to make a good decision, I am glad to hear that the 6 is still feeling large. :)

5. golfdude macrumors regular

6 case just arrived, it's big, will take some getting used to.

6. whirldy macrumors regular

whirldy

All the pictures, etc., will never compare to the kinesthetic experience of holding the iP6/6+ in hand....

Here's the iP6. Those cut-outs that show the sizes, do this no justice. :cool:

[​IMG]

:D

7. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I got the iphone 6 case in yesterday. It's just a plastic skin. I got it cheap as I'm waiting for Seidio to come out with their cases. The iphone 6 is huge looking at this case. It felt great in my hand tho. Ya it's only 4.7" screen but you got a lot of bezel on the top and bottom.

8. lke macrumors 6502a

You can say what you want about the iphone 6, but what is real amazing is this interior and of course a Tesla.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having this big ipad in your car is like nothing else in the world, I love that car and interior and some day I will have one.

9. SamwellG thread starter macrumors member

Lol, he actually came in because his 6 wouldnt pair with the vehicle...

Ahh yes, because my technicians also work at Apple and can figure out how to pair a BRAND NEW PHONE TO THE CAR...:rolleyes:

10. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

This guy didn't have a bald head and a British accent did he?

11. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Awesome

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Wow that's freakin incredible.

:apple:

13. SamwellG thread starter macrumors member

.....No it wasnt Jon Ive

----------

Tesla factory in Fremont. There are sales centers, none of that dealershi[t]p

14. BSoares macrumors regular

That's more like 2 iPads, it's a 17" screen :D

I drove a P85+ fully loaded the other day, what an amazing car. So damn fast. And spacious too, the one I drove had the 2 extra seats for children in the back so could potentially fit 7 people inside.

15. gopherblue macrumors member

I love ipads and touchscreens and I see the value of having a screen in a car, but NOT as the only interface to control all major functions. Why? Because when I'm driving, I need to be able to adjust the temperature, turn on the defroster, adjust the radio, etc, WITHOUT taking my eyes off the road. How to do that? Tactile buttons/knobs, easy to reach, with shapes that identify their function. Also, in a moving vehicle, jostling around, it is easy to mis-press a touchscreen button inadvertently.

That touchscreen is an invitation to a car wreck.

Also, all that ambient light in a night driving situation is a recipe for disaster.

Some things are best left old-school. Controls on the dashboard are one of them.

16. SamwellG thread starter macrumors member

You havent driven one have you? I can tell.

Controls are also on the steering wheel. They be adjusted to control just one (like temp or sunroof), or all. How many times do you ACTUALLY adjust controls in the car? :cool:

17. VDubb macrumors 6502

Nice call out!

18. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

That's good to hear. I was a little worried the iPhone 6 would still seem too small.

19. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

No offense, I love the Model S, including the interior. I have to say I think it would look better if they used two screens so the bottom one could be more narrow and allow the dash to continue curving in at the bottom. Though I also like the clean lines of the single screen with nothing breaking it up. So, I guess you could say I'm torn.

20. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I own a Model S and definitely would disagree with you here. One thing that is so ridiculously awesome is when you expand a screen to take up both halves. I only use this for Maps or the browser but especially for Maps with Google real time traffic data. It is so convenient when I need to see more area to just double the size rather than zooming out and you would lose this with two halves. Also a fullscreen maps view is the biggest mouth dropper when others get in the car.

Sorry for the aside, back to the iPhone....

21. AppleRobert macrumors 603

One did not need to do anything but go to any carrier and try respective smartphones in the new iPhone sizes. Mostly none of them will be as thin but it has been discussed repeatedly the screen size does not give one the sense of overall device size.

And considering the 4" screen was the latest model, I do not know how anyone would figure the iPhone 6 is not a big difference and would not have an adjustment period.

----------

Not in comparison to your iPhone 5. You will be happy you did not choose Godzilla instead.

22. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I actually still play with all the fun toys/settings in my A7 all the time :) I'd be dangerous in a Tesla with that huge, beautiful screen...

I was lucky enough to drive a P85+ at a demo event as well. Those things are like a freight train!!

Anywho, can't wait to fondle my 6+ tommorrow, adn this thread made it worse.

23. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Op keep up the good work your company's stock has made me over $100,000 in less than a year. Rock on tesla

24. leenak macrumors 68020

25. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James