First time in for iPod service, what to expect?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drichards, May 27, 2009.

1. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

My iPod Touch 2G (refurb, under warranty till Nov 28) won't output headphone port audio on the right side, so I made an appointment at my local Genius bar tomorrow. I've been in for Mac service plenty of times, as many MBP owners (I'm twice over, yay me) have I'm sure, but the different level of phone service has me wondering if I'll see the same sort of Genius I do for my Mac. India wasn't where I expected to be connected for phone service at all...

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You will get the same kind of treatment for your iPod like you did when you brought in your MBP. They will most likely replace the device no problem. :)

3. drichards thread starter macrumors 6502a

drichards

The guy who sold me my first Mac serviced and replaced my iPod, the whole thing was pretty pleasant. Jailbreaking the new one with VMware however, not so much fun. I hope they bother to put out a Mac tool for it when 3.0 drops.

4. Dino451 macrumors 6502

I setup an appointment for my ipod touch 2g with dust under the screen and was wondering If I only bring the ipod or ipod and the accessories. I have never been to the genius bar so I don't know what to expect.

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

you only need the ipod

6. Dino451 macrumors 6502

Just got back, showed the "genius" the dust and got replacement all within 10 minutes.:D

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Don't you love great customer service?