All iPads First time iPad buyer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by noahmateen1234, Oct 22, 2014.

1. noahmateen1234 macrumors member

Hey so I am in the market for an iPad. Here's the prices I can get the different models at. I'm just trying to decide what is the best option for me. I have a 13" Macbook Air and plan on getting a Nexus 6. I won't put any music on the iPad since I use Google Play to stream it all.

iPad Mini 2 (Retina) 16gb - $188
    iPad Mini 2 (Retina) 32gb - $225
    iPad Air 16gb - $255
    iPad Air 32gb - $293
    iPad Air 2 16gb - $375
    iPad Air 2 64gb - $450

I like the size of the Mini compared to the Air 1 and since they have the same A7, performance is pretty similar. However, I am just wondering if I have a 6" screen on my phone would a 7.9" tablet even be that useful. So then I wonder if I should get an Air, now I have to consider the new Air 2 since it has a lot faster Wi-Fi and the A8X. Also it would be a lot more future proof. I was just wondering, how much space is usable on the 16gb? I want to keep this thing for a couple years.

What would ya'll recommend?

2. Gincoma macrumors 6502

I would recommend the iPad Air 2 16gb, with the A8x chip and 2gb of ram its safe to say youll be enjoying the devices for years to come and touch ID is a plus

3. Jony Ive macrumors member

iPad Air 2 64GB it's the best choice

Or the iPad Mini 2 Retina if you want a small iPad

4. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I'm also a first time ipad buyer. I have an 11 inch air and a 5s. I went with the iPad mini 2 because I felt that the air wasn't smaller enough than my MacBook Air. I'm very happy with my decision but considering that both your phone and laptop are larger than mine it may make more sense for you to get an air 2.