First time IUP in UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marco123, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

When the X launches, how do I order a X and join the IUP in the UK?
    Do I just book a time for in-store pickup and do a credit check in-store or do I need to fill in an approval form at the time of pre-order online?

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

IUP is only available in store if you’re joining.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I’m looking at this option too and want to know for sure.

My understanding is you order online and it gives you a time to collect and you then do the program in store. In terms of doing the approval form that i don’t know. Surely if you do it on the morning of pre order you will miss the chance to get one as they will sell out quick.

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

To be honest, I didn’t pre order when I signed up for the program this year. So not sure if you get an option to choose IUP while trying to checkout.

I just walked in to the nearest store, told the guy that I wanna sign up and buy an iPhone 8 plus. He got it done in 5 mins. Sorted.

5. Marco123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I book an appointment for in-store but that leaves you at the mercy of how many your store gets in stock which is never as many on-line so I’ll prepare myself for not t getting one until 2018.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

That’s exactly what I thought. I just couldn’t be bothered to wait around for months. By then the next generation of iPhone will be in the horizon. Very happy with my 8 plus for this year.

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

So even though you’re booked the phone for collection there’s a chance you won’t get it..that has me concerned

Going to order with EE as well but hard to fiqure out which of try and order First

8. GeoffR86 macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the 8+ on the iUP.

when pre-ordering you choose the iUP when selecting the model you want and then instead of taking you to the payment page it takes you to a store selection page where you choose when and where you want to reserve a slot to pickup.

Credit check etc is all done in store.

9. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Did you signup this year or upgrading from last year?

10. GeoffR86 macrumors newbie

I signed up this year.

I upgraded from a 6S+.