first time jail breaking not bad but having a few issues..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sean006, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sean006 macrumors 6502

first off im really impressed with the things you can now do with jail breaking the iphone..

i never did it to my 3g just cause of all the crashes people were having but i finally said wow this is too easy thru jailbreakme.com so i took the plung on my IP4

seems im having some issues though:

lockinfo:
    can get the weather to show--says zero degrees and im in florida :)
    tried a wipe and reload...nothing...

iRealSMS:
    for some reason this app is making my phone go into safe mode when i reboot.
    ive done a reload and a remove...when i remove i no longer get this error.

tried using bitesms but a couple of text i never saw cause they were under the app itself.

mywi has worked great ! tethering my ipad and my macbook pro...no problems here...

like i said i love that you can now do all these things...

tried looking for answers but does not seem others are having these problems...any ideas ?

thanks in advance..

2. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

i think you are getting the irealsms error because the version you are trying to use is not compatible with the iphone 4. and in bitesms settings you can change it so that it goes thru the origional iphone message app. hope this helps in any way

3. Sean006 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok thanks....but on the bitesms if you change to original iphone message app you lose the reply button...
    :confused:

just looked at irealsms ....yeah noticed its 3.0 and 4.0 compatible not 4.0.1 :(

4. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

hmm, when you are in bitesms, you click the gear looking thing on the top, then select the "send via mobile carrier". when you do this you lose the reply button?

5. tesilential macrumors regular

Hi,

yesterday I had biteSMS working perfectly, except it had the old icon with the square border.

This morning there was an update, I downloaded it, now it has the pink hi res icon, but now it won't make biteSMS the default messaging app.

If I tap on teh original messaging app, it opens the default message app, yesterday tapping the old messaging app would open up BiteSMS.

any ideas?