First time jailbreaking help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cifang, May 9, 2010.

1. cifang macrumors newbie

So just found out the new spirit jailbreak came out and I want to try to jailbreak my 3G touch. One more thing, my iPod came with 9 pieces of dust under the screen which is enough to claim the warranty, but since I don't live near an Apple Store I would like to exchange it later in the warranty. If I jailbreak it now could I restore it and exchange it in a few months without them knowing? I heard they can find out even if you restore it X_X. Also any tips to avoid bricking it or anything dangerous like that?

Help is appreciated.

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Uh, from what I've read, you can't brick an ipod touch, but and iphone. Uhm, how would they track you if you've jailbroke it? I would just jailbreak it and have fun with it, rather than waiting.

I think you should exchange it first then jailbreak it...safer bet if you're afraid :D

3. cifang thread starter macrumors newbie

I already jailbroke it lol. So two things, my friend tried to restore from blackra1n and he has 3.1.3 and he got stuck in DFU mode. Is this because he had blackra1n which is meant for 3.1.2 not .3? And the second thing is could anyone clarify if apple COULD tell if I jailbroke it even after I restored it to factory settings? I know the worse thing they could do is deny my a warranty but I don't want to take a 2 hour drive for no reason. Thanks.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

yes for your friend. just tell him to dfu again. thats what i did and got out of it.

i dont think they can tell...unless you have the battery % stuck after restoring it.