First time JB'er looking for tips/advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nevpaurion, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Nevpaurion macrumors regular

So I've decided to Jailbreak my iP4 since the release of limeran1. I was hoping I could get some input from people on what apps would help with my following list of things I'd like to accomplish with being jailbroken, for people to list any apps that they feel are useful/important for the jailbroken iphone owner.

Custom Notification sounds: I want to be able to change the sounds for text messages and emails etc to whatever I want.

Block the noticiation pop-ups: I'm tired of my phone broadcasting to everyone when I get an email or text by displaying what the information that was sent.

5 icon dock

Manipulation of icons (removing labels, changing them to tiny pictures or nothing at all)

Widgets (facebook widgets, weather and time widgets, rss feed widgets etc if possible)

a toggle (preferably a widget) that includes the ability to one click toggle on or off the following: wi-fi, bluetooth, 3g, gps, screen brightness (dim/bright)

Manipulation of the icon and dock aesthetics aka skins or themes.

Thank you to everyone in advance for all the help :)

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

1. WinterBoard

2. Popup Blocker or LockInfo

3. Five Icon Dock or Infinidock

4. ????

5. LockInfo

6. SBSettings

7. WinterBoard

S-

3. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

So I've decided to Jailbreak my iP4 since the release of limeran1. I was hoping I could get some input from people on what apps would help with my following list of things I'd like to accomplish with being jailbroken, for people to list any apps that they feel are useful/important for the jailbroken iphone owner.

Custom Notification sounds: I want to be able to change the sounds for text messages and emails etc to whatever I want.

You'll need OpenSSH on your phone. Win SCP on your desktop and replace SMS sounds that way. Google will return many walk throughs

Block the noticiation pop-ups: I'm tired of my phone broadcasting to everyone when I get an email or text by displaying what the information that was sent.

5 icon dock

Exactly what it's called

Manipulation of icons (removing labels, changing them to tiny pictures or nothing at all)

Widgets (facebook widgets, weather and time widgets, rss feed widgets etc if possible)

My favorite weather type widget is Lockinfo with the Lock Weather Plugin

a toggle (preferably a widget) that includes the ability to one click toggle on or off the following: wi-fi, bluetooth, 3g, gps, screen brightness (dim/bright)

SBsettings

Manipulation of the icon and dock aesthetics aka skins or themes.

Winterboard which will allow you to install custom themes etc.
    Thank you to everyone in advance for all the help :)

4. Nevpaurion thread starter macrumors regular

5. nabechu macrumors 6502

6. Nevpaurion thread starter macrumors regular

Oh so I take it that's a combo of the glass orb theme and infinidock or 5 icon dock?

7. Nevpaurion thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so I did everything the limeran1.exe told me to do but when I restarted my phone I saw no Limera app. I've restarted 5 times now and nothing, where should I go from here?