First time mac gamer - MOHAA ok?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sir Loin Steak, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Sir Loin Steak macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

I'm not a great thing about gaming... but the last time I did, a few years back, I ran MOHAA and I loved it! Don't have it anymore.

If I go an spend all my money on an iMac, can I expect to run MOHAA? Is it too long ago to even think about running it?

I know that's a keyboard-based game, but I also have a question about a joystick. Once again, many moons ago, on a PC, I ran some 'airplane' software game... that was with a joystick... I haven't seen one in the store... do they sell them for Macs?

Total n00b when it comes to Macs... I'm a 15 year PC user thinking of changing up to a Mac at long last. I think I deserve it, and given a decent monitor, I could well be tempted to spend some time shooting things.

Thanks

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Welcome to the light side ;) I'm not sure if MOHAA will run on 10.5.6 but I think it runs ok on crossover games or you can bootcamp into windows and run it that way if needs be. There are joysticks for the mac, a quick google of 'mac joysticks' should sort you out.
    As for getting an iMac, great machine, but hold of for a little, there should be new, spec bumped machines out very soon so it's worth hanging on.

3. Sir Loin Steak thread starter macrumors 6502

Sir Loin Steak

Cheers, Rodus

I've posted a thread in the iMac section and gathered that I should hangon a bit.

Sir Loin