First time Mac user: Getting scared

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonawand, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jonawand macrumors member

Hi,

I ordered the new Haswell rMBP 13' 16gb/256/2.4.

I'm seeing all those threads about Image retention and yellow tint on the screens so i'm getting scared that my new Macbook will have the same issues...
    I also saw the touchpad freeze-thing, but I heard Apple is aware of the problem and is planning for a update-fix

How widely spread are these issues? 50% of all retina's? What is it like?

I study graphic design, so accurate colors is a must for me.

How easy/hard is it to return it for another new one?

Thanks in advance

2. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

This is my first time going for Mac as well. But as far as I've seen most of the issues have been sorted. It used to be LG panels were causing problems. Now LG seems to have sorted it with their second revision and as far as I'm aware there's no problems with Samsungs.
    I believe the newer LG panels (second revision I think) even have a slightly better colour accuracy. But you wouldn't ever notice unless you were actively looking at the difference side by side with another panel and even then it's pretty minor.

3. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Bought a 13" for the wife and a 15" for myself. I don't have any problems with either one of them.

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

The important thing is not to worry. Apples customer support is the best in the business and this isn't just rhetoric from a fan it really is the best.

If you do happen to receive a machine that is not working correctly simply go to the Apple online website, click on support, select your device and you will then be able to talk to an adviser.

They will then book you a phone call at your convenience. This means someone from Apple will call you on your telephone to discuss the issue.

If you want a replacement machine they will order you one immediately before even receiving your defective computer back to their store meaning the turn around for you receiving a new machine will be around 7 days from the point of the telephone call. They will also book a courier to come and collect your defective computer at a time and date of your choosing.

It's all quite easy and Apple will support you very well with your purchase.

5. jonawand thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info guys!

I hope everything will be fine with my macbook!