FIRST TIME MAC USER

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by KingEugo, May 15, 2019.

1. KingEugo, May 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019

KingEugo macrumors newbie

It's my first time to own a Mac, Macbook Air 2018. Im so used in using Windows laptop that I know its limitations. I have few questions about my Mac:

A. Is it ok to play my Android games on my MBA 2018, using Bluestacks Android emulator, without worrying about the heat destroying the components inside? I had to search google, if this machine has a fan. Im shocked, it does, cause I don't hear it much.

B. How do you remove the oil on the keyboard? Alcohol + Water, is it safe?

2. benshive, May 15, 2019

benshive macrumors regular

A. Yup, no worries. The CPU would throttle itself if it were getting hot enough to damage anything
    B. Just a soft cloth works fine. You can wet it a bit but obviously not too much

3. Bending Pixels, May 15, 2019

Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Regarding removing oil from the keyboard (I'm picturing you eating french fries while typing), a microfiber cloth slightly dampened should work. Otherwise, a Q-Tip moistened with a little rubbing alcohol and carefully rubbed on the keys should work also. Be careful not to let any get under the keys as it could damage the keyboard and logic boards.

4. SpeedyTheSnail macrumors member

SpeedyTheSnail

I just use 90% alcohol, I don't risk water ever.

Apple [and most computer manufacturers that i know of] prevent their hardware from damage through the use of fans, thermal throttling. If your computer gets damaged from heat, you had bigger problems than the software you run.

I'm sure the MBA could play Android games through an emulator, but my question would be why? MBA are pretty much super-thin ultrabooks.

5. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

I recommend using pure isopropyl alcohol if you need to use a liquid to remove oil from the keys.

6. TokMok3 macrumors 6502a

This machines have some kind of kill switch to safeguard the machine from overheating... This are great machines, a little expensive but great machines.