First time Macbook owner, iphone help and need assecories and case advice!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iphone1105, Feb 8, 2010.

1. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Hey all. Long time Windows user here. Made the jump to a Macbook just last night. Purchased the new Unibody one, added 4gb or RAM, and made the HD 320. It arrives by friday, so I will be drooling in anticipation.

Couple things though. First off, I am a proud iPhone owner. Currently, I have it backed up and synced and prepared for my windows laptop. Will I have to do anything on the new Mac to make it compatible, or should I not worry. I will be moving all my videos and mp3's and apps over to the new mac before I sync it, but since its formatted for windows maybe that would be an issue.

Also, I was looking at cases. Are the silicon ones any good for the new MB? Thanks, glad I finally joined the MAC crowd.

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

It should be fine - It may reformat itself automatically, but all I can say is that all my iPods (including a Touch) moved successfully across to my MacBook in Oct 2008 (I just copied my entire iTunes folder across and imported it into iTunes on my MacBook).

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

A windows formatted iPhone will work just fine on the Mac...the converse would not be true however.

I was in the same boat, I setup my iPhone on my old Dell tower, and then switched full-time to my MacBook. I didn't have to do anything special, I just sync'd the Mac to the iPhone and all was well.

4. iphone1105 thread starter macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You guys are the best! Thanks for the quick reply