First time Macbook owner. What do i need to know?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by xjonnysniperx, Apr 23, 2015.

1. xjonnysniperx macrumors newbie

Hello all lurker for while, but first time poster. I received my rMB from Best buy today. I am loving it. I was wondering if there are tips or any additional things i should know as this is my first time using a Mac coming from PC.
    BTW i read some where if i connect my iPhone to the a new mac it might delete some things is this correct? thank you in advance

2. 5errated macrumors member

Welcome to the dark side! Apple's website has a whole section dedicated to people who are switching from windows. It goes over how to do equivalent things in OS X. Cheers.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

If you use ALT+Print Screen at all in Windows, the OS X equivalent is:
    SHIFT+Command+4, then press the spacebar, then click on the window you're screen-shotting.

Found that key combination by accident somewhere.

4. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I use that all the time. It took me a while to find it when I moved over from Windows.

5. Frost17 macrumors regular

All of the data on your iPhone will be removed when you sync for the first time. It will ask you if you want to do this. I'd back up your data to iCloud, then sync it to allow it to become your 'home' computer for your iPhone.

6. adib macrumors regular

adib

I have an Android-user friend saying that Apple is the light side because there's only one "true" way of doing things.