First time Macbook Pro but unsure about the specs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OleMorten, Jun 13, 2014.

1. OleMorten macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have been looking at a Macbook Pro 13" Retina.
    It will be the first time I will buy an Apple Computer, but since I usually use PC for gaming I am unsure if the Macbook Pro Retina 13" will be fast enough for my needs.

I know the 13" aint the fastest Apple Product, but I love the screen and the laptop itself, 15" seems to be too big for what I want.
    The thing I am wondering, is the Macbook Pro Retina 13" fast enough to play 4K video on the laptop itself? It only has Iris Graphics so I am unsure.

The laptop I have now is an old Samsung R580 with Intel Core i5-430M 2.27 GHz which is like 4 years old and this one cannot play downloaded 4K videos.

I am not gonna use it to game on since I already have a High End Gaming PC with a 780Ti Classified which the Iris arent even close too.

But I would just like to know if it can play 4K video in VLC without lagging? :)

This is the one I am looking at
    13-inch: 2.4GHz
    with Retina display
    Specifications
    2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
    Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
    8GB 1600MHz memory
    256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
    Intel Iris Graphics
    Built-in battery (9 hours)2

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Tough to say for sure. That's basically the exact config rMBP I just bought a few weeks ago. So far it's been a beast and runs very fast but I haven't tried any 4K video. You could always buy it and use the return policy to send it back if it doesn't meet your needs. Nothing wrong with that.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan