First time Macbook Pro buyer...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dobyp, Dec 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dobyp macrumors newbie

Very Interested in obtaining First Macbook Pro Laptop. Could I get some Recommendations regarding Best retailer to go thru for purchase of Macbook Pro Mfg#ZORF-MJLQ24?

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

3. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

I prefer to purchase from Apple, but B&H had a great Black Friday buy, so I purchased from them; they are very reputable.
    m

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I always buy from Apple. I'd get a refurb if the one you want is available.

5. David58117 macrumors 65816

I always go to Best Buy, and price match with either BHPhoto or Amazon, or get open box. They use to stack coupons...I had a 10% off movers coupon, $50 student discount, and price match for a 15" rMBP a few years ago. I tried recently, and don't think they do it anymore.

I know people say Best Buy sucks, that there are other (better) companies to order from (like bhphotovideo), but you know what?

I've spent so much time in that store browsing, killing time, and as a kid just walking around in there was always amazing.

For that, and the fact that Best Buy actually has store locations everywhere - which has served me very well as I moved over the years - I'm perfectly fine with giving them my money.

So Best Buy for me!

6. Daisy81 Suspended

Daisy81

I have bought all of my Macs through Best Buy. Just last week I bought a Retina MacBook Pro 13 from Best Buy for $1100. It was an amazing deal.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

B&H usually has some nice deals running, and its a no brainer to get them if you see it on sale on their site. I usually go with Apple however as its easier for me to just pop into my local apple store and get what I want, or do a custom config on apple.com if that's what I want :)

8. pseudoware macrumors member

pseudoware

I recently bought mine from Apple. A week later, they price-matched BB and gave me a credit.