First Time Macbook Pro Owner, Awesome laptop!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phatjoe, Jul 24, 2008.

1. phatjoe macrumors member

Hello:

I'm pretty familiar with Apple products. I've owned an imac, and macbook.

I recently purchased a macbook air, but due to some limitations I sold it and purchased a macbook pro. WOW, what a great laptop! :)

I'm more than pleased with it...i just wanted to share my enthusiasm :p

2. tecknical macrumors regular

i know huh. i just bought my first mac a couple of days ago and holy hell. its 100x better than my PC. and i was running XP, not the bug-ridden vista. the OS is year ahead of MS, and probably with Snow Leopard it will only get better

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

4. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

congrats! its a great piece of technology and a great investment!

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

congrats!!

Dang a lot of macbook air people switch over to MBPs huh. I wonder what kind of number we are looking at.

6. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Congrats. Air to Pro, that's quite a leap in power ;)

7. johngardiner macrumors regular

I <3 my Macbook Pro too... such a great investment. Glad to hear you're happy about your switch to the Pro, it's a fantastic machine. What model did you end up with??

8. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

I'm also a First-Time Macbook Pro owner. I bought mine 2 weeks ago. Fantastic Machine.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Congratulations! I couldn't be happier with mine, so I know how you feel! Enjoy!

10. deltaiscain macrumors regular

11. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Congratulations! I've owned a few Mac's and now I've my first laptop -- MBP. I bought it a year ago, it's really amazing machine. I couldn't be happier :D

12. phatjoe thread starter macrumors member

I got the 2.4GHz, with 200GB hard drive. The most powerful PC I've owned to date. :eek:

My experience...I got the MBA and used it for a month. You can't beat the weight (3lbs), but there are to many sacrifices (also, there are a ton of ultra portable notebooks out right now that are under $700 & weigh 3lbs).

I started shopping around and looked at Dell, Toshiba, etc. You can get more for your money purchasing a Dell, but it's OS that really matters. I borrowed a Dell with Vista. I used it for about a week, and it just felt weird. I got fustrated when it didn't recognize the drivers for my printer. Gladly handed the dell back to its rightful owner :p

I worked within the Mac OS for the last 4 years. The MBP running leopard felt like home again ;)

13. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I totally agree with you, and congrats on your purchase. The reason why I would never buy the air is because all of the stuff that it sacrifices. And like you said, the OS is what really matters.

14. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

The longer you own it the more you will like Apple everything.

15. apple. macrumors member

congrats, hope you love it like i love my imac!

16. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

True, true. I've started ten years ago, and now I'm addicted. :rolleyes:

17. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

dude i have seen ur videos on youtube and i think that they are awesome and that you do a great job of explaining things. In fact, my brother bought a mbp because of seeing your videos.

18. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

apple makes the best products on this planet although they are a little pricey. you will love your mac and congratulations.

19. wake6830 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. My wife and I are both starting law school in a few weeks, and two weeks ago we purchased a MBP for her to use. I have used Apple computers in the past, and previously we had shared a 2 year-old macbook, but I am still amazed by the quality and performance of her MBP. The operating system is beyond comparison. The combination of the hardware and OS is just about perfect.

I am waiting a little bit to see if a redesign is on the horizon, but will be purchasing one for myself in the near future.

If Apple would come out with a gaming-oriented machine, I'd never voluntarily use a PC again.

20. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Now you know how we been feeling! Welcome to the world of MACbook Pro!~~
    :D

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congratulations on the worldly purchase!

*cringe*

22. AndrewJP67 macrumors newbie

Love my macbook

I'm only in Junior High but I just bought myself a white macbook. I saved money from tutoring elementary students all school year.

Just last week I finally bought my macbook. I also got a free 8g ipod nano and a free printer. Coming from a house with a Dell and having a Creative Labs MuVo mp3 player, switching to apple was amazing! Everything works together and feels luxurious. My macbook beats any Windows computer. The more I use it the more little things I find that make me love it even more. My brother and sister can continue to share our old PC, but I've got my mac and I'm not going back to PC. :D:apple:

23. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

II AndyG33 II

Sounds like an awesome computer :p
    cant wait to get my montevina :]
    hoepfully soon!

24. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Nice to see a thread where folks are happy with their Macbook Pro. Usually more noise coming from those with problems, but that's to be expected, even if they're in the minority.

While my MBP isn't the perfect machine, it's damn good. Best trackpad I've ever experienced on a notebook, best screen display and best overall designed notebook computer I've ever used. The MBP keyboard is excellent, but the original IBM Thinkpads still rate as the best notebook keyboards I've ever pounded on - great feel, and durable, classic IBM build quality for laptop keyboards.

If the MBP were a bit more user-serviceable and modular, it would be perfect. I'd like a user-removeable HD ( 1 screw, slide-out HD carrier, accessible from the battery compartment, or the side.)

25. dadoc04 macrumors member

I have now owned my macbook pro for 8 days. I really do love this machine. Like others have said, OSX is way better than anything I have tried. I really dont think i will go back to PC.

Next up, a 24inch iMac