First time posting, questions regarding Macbook gaming capabilities

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GermaniaMania, Jul 9, 2010.

1. GermaniaMania macrumors newbie

Hello all. I peruse these forums off and on when I'm looking for info, but I had a fairly specific question.

I was wondering which model of Macbook (Pro, or otherwise) would be best for gaming. Now, when I say gaming, I don't mean "Can I run Crysis at max settings." I'm trying to keep it fairly cheap here, and Macs are pretty expensive for what you get to begin with.

I was wondering if an entry level, run of the mill 2010 Macbook could handle games such as Civilization IV, Torchlight, Starcraft 2, and if it would be able to without much fuss.

First-hand experience would be great, as well as any suggestions or pointers. Also, I would like to be fairly future-proofed (by my standards, which aren't very high, admittedly) for some things, such as Diablo III.

Ok. Mostly for Diablo III.

2. Ryanm93 macrumors member

My system is very capable of gaming (look in my sig)
    I looked up the system requirements for Diablo III and my system meets them all..
    My system was not very expensive in terms of Macbook Pro so it would be a good idea :)

3. GermaniaMania thread starter macrumors newbie

Is the 320M held back very noticeably because of being shared with the main memory?