First Time Preordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jswoosh, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Jswoosh macrumors member

Ok, so in the past I generally just walked into the ATT store to buy the phone. While I was in the process of paying for the phone, an employee would sync my phone and I'd just have my contacts and I'd be on the same plan etc.

However this time around, I decided to preorder through Apple, I was eligible for an upgrade as usual and thought Apple would be a more reliable site to preorder than from ATT. Anyways when I was preordering I chose a new plan just the basic one with 200 MB etc. However I'm on a family plan and I don't want to pay for a new separate plan. Also I read somewhere that Apple will give me my new number and help set up the phone? I want to keep my same number and plan.

Hopefully I'm just a little confused about this process. Or should I go into ATT after I receive my phone and have them set up the plan with me?

Any help is appreciated. :)

2. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

did you chose the upgrade a phone or add a new line?
    If you chose upgrade an existing # you will keep your current phone #.

If you chose add a new line you will have a new # and a second line added to your family plan., in which case you should probably call AT&T

3. Jswoosh thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thanks. I just got the notification that my phone was shipped and that it is the same number I've always had. Also do I just take the sim card out of my 4 and put it in the 4s