First Time (Proud) Macbook Owner - Power Saving Options

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bradsnw, Oct 25, 2008.

1. bradsnw macrumors newbie

I just purchased my first Mac - a new 2 GHz Aluminum Unibody Macbook. Man, this this is amazing. I have a few questions regarding the power saving options. Coming from XP & Vista, I am used to having the specific power profiles for when the laptop is plugged in, or running on battery power. Vista would automatically adjust the screen brightness down to your pre-determined level when on battery, and back up when plugged back in. I dont see this option in Leopard. I do see the check box to "dim brightness" when on battery, but this is only a small fade, and nothing that appears to save any potential battery life. Am I missing something? Sorry for such an easy question, but as I mentioned this is my first Mac, and will surley be a earning curve. I apologize ahead of time for the inevitable n00b questions to follow. Thanks.

2. Laco macrumors 6502

go to system preferences and the go to "engergy saver"....there you can play around with these things :)

3. bradsnw thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. The only options I have in there are for the computer/display sleep timers for both battery and power adapter. As I mentioned, there is a check box to "dim display" when using the battery as the power source, but it only dims slightly. And when I do set the brightness to my desired level, that setting is never saved.