First time upgrading up beta

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Donia330i, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Donia330i macrumors regular

So this is my first doing a beta. How do I go about upgrading from beta to 8.3 GM? I've read about DFU mode but not sure how I feel about that. What are the steps needed. Thanks!!

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

I believe the official version installs right over the beta

3. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Just accept the OTA update. Best way is to close all apps, reboot then accept it. Otherwise use iTunes. No DFU needed.

4. Donia330i thread starter macrumors regular

I did this with my iPad but it still left the beta profile installed and feedback app installed. Although I didn't close the apps and restart beforehand. Does that matter?

Can do it though iTunes, say I have th latest version..

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

You can remove the profile if you want to. Just go into settings>general>profile and select it and press the delete option. And no, closing apps and rebooting just seems to eliminate potential issues when updating OTA but its not necessarily required. You should be able to update simply by pressing the update option but from past updates some issues have effected users and that process seems to help eliminate any potential problems with OTA updating.

I got the same message in iTunes coming from 8.3 public beta that I was already up to date. The work around was to download the ipsw file manually and shift/update in iTunes and browse to the ipsw file. Not sure it Apple has resolved that yet or not. reddit.com has direct download links from Apple for the ipsw files