First Time User - Internet Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chschn87, Jul 17, 2008.

1. chschn87 macrumors newbie

Bought my Iphone in Norfolk VA and had no problems with internet while I was there. However when I got back to school (Greenville, NC) I have had problems accessing the internet. Unfortunately Greenville does not have 3G at the time so I am forced to use wireless. However, I am sitting at my desk with my mac and Iphone in front of me and My computer gets internet but my Iphone does not. We are on the same network. Can anyone send some help my way?? Thanks in advance

2. movielover21 macrumors newbie

There could be a wide variety of reasons BUT here's what I have come across to be the most frequent problems:
    1) If your network is set to not broadcast the name of your wireless network (SSID), then you will have to manually input the SSID it on your iPhone
    2) Check you are inputting the right password on your iPhone
    3) Check you don't have a MAC Address filter on your router, if you do, you will have to add the iPhone MAC Address to be allowed on your router (assuming you are using your own router)

Now if this is a school network, they probably have WPA2, or VPN or something like that. You will need to configure that differently.

Let us know, if you continue to have problems.

Good luck!