First time using mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dlee2010, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dlee2010 macrumors newbie

This is my first time having/using mac. I have a new 13" macbook pro low end with 120SSD hard drive... or something like that, I don't really know xP

I'm pretty a blind person on a computer. All I know is playing games, doing homework, and web searching. However, I would like to get more into this tech systems. Therefore, I thought it would be good to start what I "must have" on macbook pro for first time user.

So what do you, pros, think what are some must have applications to use my macbook pro useful for my college years and other entertaining things?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Links to Software Recommendation Threads

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics

Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GTghost macrumors regular

I would recommend getting smc fan control to control the fan speed, my MBP overheats when heavily using and I just set is to the highest rpm.
    DOWNLOAD SMC FAN CONTROL

5. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Completely unnecessary piece of software.