First time with my camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by question fear, Apr 15, 2007.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

So this is my first youtube video that I made with my camcorder...I already know the next time I film my team playing I am going to use a tripod, i know that will help the stability and also probably the zooming issues I was having. Any other tips? I edited it in iMovie. I plan on playing around a lot more wth the features in terms of sports settings, etc on my camcorder. Just wondering if there's anything else I can do to improve beyond those points.

FYI, the camcorder I used was a Panasonic PV-GS80, it's very low-end, but I figured start small and easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBt8FmXx5O4

2. bkvideography macrumors member

a GREAT tool is to look at the horizon (the trees in your first shot) and make sure that's straight. your intro shot is way cockeyed.

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I think you did a hell of a good job! To be standing free hand, and zooming in and out following the action...very good. I know it get's hard to keep it steady even with steadycam features when you are zoomed in like that.

Well done!

Brian

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

5. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

too much zooming in and out can make someone really dizzy...i don't recommend doing it a lot

6. Alican macrumors regular

Tripod is certainly the way to go. Initially, when first using a tripod, they feel restricting. But you soon get the knack.

Also, if you'd taken a few shots of the spectators, preferably fairly close up, you could have dropped them in to bridge some of your edits and you'd have able to do a neat job of cutting out some of the more shakey bits without the action appearing to jump