First to be charged/prepare to ship, first to receive?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by icloud, Apr 20, 2015.

1. icloud macrumors 6502

Are those who get charged first and receive the preparing to ship status change first, receive the watch first?

Seems like a lot of people are receiving status changes who ordered later than others. Is there a rhyme or reason behind the charges? Are those who have yet to be charged not going to receive on 04/24?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

No one knows for sure. Chances are they will ship first, but I've had iPhone pre-orders switch from Processing to Preparing for Shipment on the Wednesday before launch and still gotten it on launch day.

3. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Seems like the likeliest scenario, but of course we can't say for sure.

Last year for the iPhone 6 launch, I didn't get a shipping notification until Wednesday, the 17th, which was 2 days before release. Still got my iPhone on time on launch day!

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It's possible those who ordered the same watch later are getting charged first cause there watch is shipping straight from China. Those who ordered fast enough will probably get a watch from inventory they've been building in warehouse in the launch countries. So there's no need to charge till Wednesday or even Thursday.

6. AKRowdy macrumors regular

Unknown. My status went back to "processing" from "preparing shipment." And it seems like some others' have as well. Apple online chat support was negative amount of help providing insight. :(

7. iregret macrumors 6502

Interesting. I like this theory.

8. icloud thread starter macrumors 6502

As a rule of thumb, the trend I've noticed in the forums tonight is:

- Times after 01:03/4 seem to be moving to 'preparing to ship' while those ordered earlier are by and large still at the processing stage.

- Sport bands (sport edition and SS) seemed to have had the majority of movement today, while relatively fewer milanese loops have had updates.

9. davidsturner macrumors newbie

Really? First I've heard of this. They gave you no reason?

10. darkgremio macrumors 6502

I think they start shipping once they get the initial wave staged. There are other Watches I am guessing that still need to be staged for shipping. Most likely shipping will occur tomorrow or Wednesday.

11. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

I have two Watches that have switched to Preparing to Ship. One of which received a confirmation email at 3:02am EST, and the other at around 3:10am EST.

Both were Sport watches, though. So your second observation may be on point.

12. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

In theory I should be one of the first to get mine. Went to preparing to ship today, AND I live in Anchorage, AK where almost all apple products stop first.

Remember this is a theory, because in reality it will probably come to Anchorage, then go to the lower 48 just to come back up to Anchorage....