First Update?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Enigmur, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Enigmur macrumors newbie

When do you guys think the first few updates will be for Leopard?

Obviously people are finding a few bugs here and there – which I’m sure Apple will have sorted pretty quickly.

My Macbook is coming with Tiger installed, and a free copy of Leopard (Thanks Apple!), I’m a full on Mac noob – so do you think it would be worth while just installing Tiger for a couple of weeks to get the hang of things, then doing a clean install of Leopard when I’m ready (I have an external drive which I’ll store anything I save on.)
    Or is Leopard good enough to install now?
    I am going to do a clean install either way – maybe I’ve been a Windows user for way too long, but I really like to be sure.

Cheers all

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

First update i'd say will be within 3 weeks.

Personally i think Leopard is good enough now having used it for 2 days. You'll want to check that any apps you need to use actually work in Leopard.

3. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Figure 10.5.1 in 28 days - This will fix some issues that Apple knew about but didn't have the time to futz about fixing because they had to get the Gold Master out the door.

10.5.2 in January 2008 - This one will address things that show up now that the thing is being used by a much larger test audiance. First rule of software development - No product survived contact with the enemy... errr... customer.

10.5.3 in March 2008 - This is the one the ultra-conservatives will be waiting for.

4. Eluzion macrumors 6502

Hopefully within the week as I would imagine Apple has been working on fixing stuff since the GM build was released... at least we can hope so. ;)

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

I've installed it on two machines so far. Install process went fine. Only glitch was that I had to reinstall Parallels on the MacBook. The old G4 1.42 Mac Mini really is "snappier". Think the new scheduler is smothing things out. :D

I'll be evaluating the critical apps on the MacBook over the next week. If nothing jumps out I'll upgrade a Mac Pro (the business end of things).

7. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Remember they have to seed the updates to developers fot testing - that burns a week or so at least. They would have to have the update ready for such testing right now to hit a release within only a week