First WebApp

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtalerico, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jtalerico macrumors 6502

iNerd -- http://polaris.cs.wcu.edu/~jtalerico/iNerd.php

If you visit reddit,google(tech)news frequently, i wrote this rss gatherer.. Kind of feature lacking, but once i get some free time i will work on it.

Not sure if there are things like this already (wrote the web app before I even owned a iphone).

Next version I hope to db backend it and have the app remember who you are (sessions/cookies) and your preferences... So you can add your own feeds...

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i dont get it, what is it, and btw the chicago at night pic is boss

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

nice contribution, are you familiar with more advanced application coding? I'd be interested in touching base with you about developing more advanced applications.

4. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

water ::

It is a compilation of different feeds that I am interested in. Since most web sites generate RSS feeds I thought it would be nice to pull all of them into one website....

So my next release of it will be broken up like this.

Reddit (x new stories) [Most recent headline]
    GoogleNews (x new stories) [Most recent headline]
    MacRumors iPhone (x new posts) [Most recent post]

The user would click on the one they are most interested in, and it would expand to the rest of the links from the feed.

I feel the advantage of doing it this way is it takes the need for the iPhone to use it's EDGE connection to crawl and get these headlines, instead it uses a (in my case) OC12 to retrieve the headlines and all the EDGE connection has to do is read my WebApp.

Turbo --
    Yes, I know Java, PHP, Perl, and I am picking up Objective-C as we speak.

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

6. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure if many found interest in this but i recently added a little user interface update.... It isn't so clustered as it was before. Kind of follows Apples whole General -> Specific approach.