First Week Apple Watch Sales

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ghsNick, Mar 6, 2015.

?

How Many Apple Watches Will Be Sold In The First Week?

1. Under 1 Million

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. 1,000,000 -2,000,000

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. 3,000,001 - 4,000,000

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 4,000,001 - Plus

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

How many watches do you think Apple will sell in the first week?

I'm going with 3,000,001 - 4 million...let's see what happens!

2. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68030

ghsNick

If under 1 million are sold I'll be VERY surprised.

3. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

4. Piggie macrumors G3

Piggie

Agreed.

I have always said, I felt there will be a MAHOOSIVE initial wave of, OMG I must have it, I've seen in in the press and in Vogue, and OMG I want it soooo bad buyers.

However.

I have also said, I do feel this will die off rather more sharply than other products, due to either lack of interest, it's only version 1, why do I need one I have a phone, It's too limited at the moment. Type of customers.

I'm not saying sales will dry up, just that sales will dip more, and it will be just a slow burn over the rest of the year, as more apps are shown and perhaps tick more people's "I could find that useful" box's

A lot of this of course hangs in the balance of what we see on Monday as that's going to be key in the "Can I be bothered / what can it actually do"

5. kdarling macrumors P6

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Apple is rumored to have ordered up 5 to 6 million for the first quarter.

That's about 500K a week on average, but one could expect the most sales during the first week, so I'm thinking at least a million, with a big drop off after that.

This makes historical sense for a new product. For example, the iPad only sold about 3 -5 million for each of its first few quarters.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Whatever the number, I don't think we are going to know, as Apple doesn't intend to provide sales figures.

7. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

If the sales are good, Apple will say after the first weekend or week. I know in the earnings they aren't going to break it out, but if it makes a splash, you will hear a number from Apple either the first or second Monday after launch. If you hear no numbers at all, Apple risks the watch being labeled a bust. They are now in a position where if a product doesn't break records at launch, it is a bust in the eyes of many (not myself).

I think it will be a little above 1 million in the first week as long as that many hit stores. I do think Apple will ensure there are supply constraints, for the reasons I stated above. They can't afford for people to be able to easily get one Sunday after the launch, and not report gigantic numbers.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

But no one knows what "gigantic numbers" means. The iPad 4 was in abundant supply on launch weekend. There were almost no lines, yet it was the most successful iPad launch ever. Is 1 million on launch weekend a success? It took the original iPhone 74 days to hit 1 million.

9. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

Judging by predictions from analysts, the supply chain saying at least 5 million for Q1, if Apple comes in under a million in week one, it will be disappointing to most. This is billed as the next big Apple hit in a post iPhone era. Now I am not saying it is fair or correct, just reality. People will take no numbers to mean the are disappointing numbers. I think Apple knows exactly how many will sell, and that the number will be below what many have predicted and are trying to guard against the perception of failure. Honestly, I believe Apple realistically sees this falling in between the Apple TV and iPad in sales, closer to Apple TV.

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'm saying over 1 million, but pushing 2 million by the end of the launch week.