First world problem: iPhone, iPad, Note, MacAir...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryan.apham, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ryan.apham macrumors member

I have iPhone 4S (32 GB) and MacBook Air (128 GB). Last week, I received Samsung Note 2 (16+64=80 GB) and iPad 4 (32 GB) as gifts. Now the situation frustrates me more than contends me :mad:. I can't really decide what and how to use those devices, even after several days of experimenting :confused:.

I'll definitely need MacAir for my college assignments. It comes down to the rest 3. A phone is a must; I love movies + games + eBooks + browsing during my spare time. The Note and iPad have similar battery life; the iPad has bigger screen but much less storage than the Note (32 vs 80 GB) and it only has Wi-Fi.

I even attempted doing all the above entertainment stuff on the MacAir but it doesn't work well, there aren't many game titles and I don't want to Bootcamp (and it can't run graphics-demanding games). It serves well as a productivity tool though.

I can't use them all at the same time and I think I will give up 1 or 2 of them and give them to my parents, not sure which. MacRumors folks, help please :(.

2. fSHAD macrumors member

3. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

Seems like you only need Air and the phone. Sell the rest, take a vacation :)

4. ryan.apham thread starter macrumors member

"Which phone?" is the problem :(. Uh oh, the summer holiday hasn't come yet :rolleyes:.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Its your problem. Take care of it by using the devices and decide what fits your needs.

6. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

So you're upset that you have choices? I would try them out and see what fits best.

7. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It's a personal decision, you can only tell what you like.:)

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

Agree

9. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Ditch the 4S.

You'll have 1 Android device and 1 iOS device+ A MBA.

10. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Keep the MacBook Air if you need to do any productive work.

Keep the iPhone.

Keep the iPad 4, as you can use it as a complement to your MacBook Air. It also serves well to take along on the road or trip once you get used to it.
    Since I got my iPad I don't take my MacBook Pro on the road. The iPad is great to take notes, read books and study, browse the internet comfortably, play games, do word processing, etc.

I won't say keep the Note, as ten you'll start having problems synchronizing your contacts and other information with the other three devices.

Also, if you buy Universal apps for your iPhone and iPad, these apps will work on both devices and you only have to pay it once. And you'll get updates very often.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

ITT: OP is upset for having choices

How old is this guy?