First Year Service Without Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by md63, Jul 6, 2007.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

Jun 11, 2007
    I recently purchased my MBP and have been considering when and if I should get the extended Apple Care. I understand that within the first 90 days I can call the toll free number to get support and thereafter need to pay. If I don't purchase the extended Apple Care, can I still bring my computer into the an Apple Store to have a genius help me with issues? Would I be charged for that within the first year?

I also have an an AEBS and Airport Express and was wondering if the Apple Care on my MBP would cover issues I might have with these products?

Also, is there a link on Apple's site to check the status of warranty on my various items?

2. kolax macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2007
    I assume the Genius's would help you regardless of the warranty. I'd doubt it get so busy that they'd only serve folk with laptops within guarantee.

I couldn't say - there isn't any Apple stores in Scotland yet (we're getting one soon).
  3. md63 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm really interested in what happens within my first year. I live in New York so I have access to several Apple Stores in Manhattan and the immediate area. If I have an issue with my computer and its covered under warranty, I would assume I shouldn't be charged to have some help me with the problem. Right?