Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ramw5p

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2010
Got the MBP yesterday..working through it..little frustrating, 40 years of PC, this is diffeent..anyhow.
1. I thought my iphone would sync pics automatically, am i doing something wrong? It makes me download manually, even the PC gives me a pop up prompt to download new pics??
2. Why do some web sited load differently....ex, dealnews.com is different on MBP. I use safari on my pc, so thats not it. I get items on the PC safari page that dont/wont show up on MBP safari???
3. More on the iphone. How come my contacts etc didnt swith over the the MBP when i snyc'd the phone for the first time?? Did i miss a step.

sorry, i hust thought that i would plug stuff in and it would work [no joke intended], and so far the phone and the computer are not really in synch. Im backing up all my photos videos and music to external right now, then i will plug that into the MBP and hopefully..voila...instant itunes libary, like on the PC. Thanks for any advice.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Got the MBP yesterday..working through it..little frustrating, 40 years of PC, this is diffeent..anyhow.
1. I thought my iphone would sync pics automatically, am i doing something wrong? It makes me download manually, even the PC gives me a pop up prompt to download new pics??
2. Why do some web sited load differently....ex, dealnews.com is different on MBP. I use safari on my pc, so thats not it. I get items on the PC safari page that dont/wont show up on MBP safari???
3. More on the iphone. How come my contacts etc didnt swith over the the MBP when i snyc'd the phone for the first time?? Did i miss a step.

sorry, i hust thought that i would plug stuff in and it would work [no joke intended], and so far the phone and the computer are not really in synch. Im backing up all my photos videos and music to external right now, then i will plug that into the MBP and hopefully..voila...instant itunes libary, like on the PC. Thanks for any advice.

1.Your iPhone can and will import pics to your MBP with iPhoto.
2. No idea
3. Are you sure you have "sync contacts" checked? Secondly you must deauthorize your PC for the mac to be the "sole computer" your iPhone will sync with, else it'll keep being in sync with your PC only.

macmikey2

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
West Chester, PA

When you connected to iTunes, did you specify what you wanted to sync?

You have to go through each tab in iTunes (click on 'my iphone' on left sidebar) and choose the items to sync, including if you want your Contacts and photos, calendars, etc..

If you are using the phone to TAKE pics and want them synced back to Mac, then iPhoto/Aperture/other photo library is needed and then sync photos to that Library. Use iTunes then to choose what to sync back and forth (only works with iPhoto/Aperture I believe).

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.